Studio Policies & Rules
- Parents: The Dance Centre is not responsible for any student once their dance class is dismissed; therefore, all students must be picked up on time!
- Liability Waiver & Media Release must submitted online & hard copy signed and returned to the studio prior to a student taking classes.
- Only clear drinks permitted in classrooms and student area for hydration for students in classes 1 hour or longer (Water, clear electrolyte drinks etc). Food is not allowed in the classrooms, only in the student area at the tables provided.
- All students must wear the proper class uniform, including footwear, for the entire year. The proper uniform and footwear is the same brand and color displayed and sold at The Dance Centre. Any student not in proper dancewear by Nov. 1st. will not be allowed in class.
- Any student with excessively worn footwear (instructor’s opinion) will not be allowed in class. The girls must have their hair neatly fastened back or tied up. No one is allowed to chew gum during their lesson. All of our classes are carefully graded according to the age and ability of the students. We reserve the right to cancel a class of less than 4 students.
Please be sure to notify the studio of all absences, at which time a make-up class will be scheduled. In the event of a snow storm or severe weather conditions, call the studio – as a rule, when schools are closed due to severe weather, so are we. In general, we follow the Toms River School schedule. Classes missed due to severe weather and special religious instructions can be made up, but do not have to be. Scheduled holiday closings (those listed on our studio calendar) cannot be made up as they have been excluded from your schedule and you are not paying for them. There are no refunds for missed classes due to illness, injury, or inclement weather but make up classes are available. Zoom options may be utilized in place of in person make up lessons at the discretion of the director in the event of studio closure for inclement weather or other unexpected closures.
Tuition Refund Policies
- Refunds or Account credits will only be given out if the studio chooses to cancel your class
- Year in full tuitions are non refundable.
- Costume deposits and balances are non refundable.
- Costumes will not be ordered without a deposit and not be distributed until balance is paid in full
- There are no refunds or partial tuition for starting later in the month or dropping out mid month.
- If a student wishes to drop out before the end of the season, it must be emailed to the Studio Director 10 days prior to the first of the month or the parent will be responsible for the following months tuition.
- In the event we need to move classes to a Virtual environment due to a State/Federal Mandate of closure or capacity limitations, no refunds will be issued, but students will have the ability to withdraw prior to the next month with written notice, if Zoom is not preferred. This does not apply to students who paid for year in full or students who wish to remain on our competition team for the current season.
Please Note: Habitual autopay failures will be treated the same as returned or bounced checks with a $35 charge for all failed auto payment processing after the first offense. It is your responsibility to check your credit card or bank account on file before the first of the month for sufficient funds and validity.
After late fees and bank failure fees, there will be an additional $50 charge for all credit card disputes, if the dispute is won by TDC. If the payment is disputed through the credit card company, rather than resolving the issue with the Director of the studio directly, the customer will no longer be able to attend classes at TDC with no refunds for any monies paid.