Award Winning TDC Dance Team
About Our Team:
TDC offers an award winning, intensive competitive team program in which students who are more serious about making a commitment or career out of dance can excel. This team is offered by invitation of the director or audition only. This experience requires a serious commitment of time by the dancers who choose to participate and a financial commitment for their parents. Competitive classes are offered in tap, jazz, hip hop, lyrical, acrobatics and musical theater. Students are encouraged to compete in multiple styles of dance in order to become well rounded dancers.
- A minimum of 2 hours of ballet (one recital class and one technique class) per week is required for all team students in addition to their competitive classes
- There will be three mandatory regional competitions between late winter and spring and one mandatory national competition this season. Competition dates will be out by September 1 or sooner
- Nationals are typically every other year per director discretion and are also mandatory
- July summer classes and August team dance camp are a mandatory requirement each season
- All students and parents must sign a contract each season agreeing to the above terms and the financial and attendance commitments set forth in the contract.
- Class attendance will be closely monitored-students who do not maintain regular appropriate class attendance records will be removed from the team at any point in the season per director’s discretion. Excessive sitting in the front of the classroom due to illness or injury does not count as attending class and will not be tolerated.