Award-Winning TDC Dance Team
About Our Team:
The Dance Centre offers an award-winning, intensive competitive team program in which students who are more serious about making a commitment or career out of dance can excel. This team is offered by invitation of the director or audition only. This experience requires a serious commitment of time by the dancers who choose to participate and a financial commitment for their parents. Competitive classes are offered in tap, jazz, hip hop, lyrical, acrobatics and musical theater. Students in South Toms River, NJ are encouraged to compete in multiple styles of dance in order to become well-rounded dancers. Contact us for more information!
- A minimum of 2 hours of ballet (one recital class and one technique class) per week is required for all team students in addition to their competitive classes
- All team members are required to take a minimum of 5 dance classes per week (this does include acro styles and contortion as well as technique classes such as jumps leaps & turns)
- Acro students are required a minimum of 1/5-2 hours of acro classes per week (depending on level) as well as the 2 ballet classes per week requirements. An additional dance class will also be required for all acro students. Jazz or hip hop preferred- lyrical or contemporary will be accepted.
- There will be three mandatory regional competitions between late winter and spring. Competition dates will be out by September or sooner
- Nationals are typically every other year per director discretion and are also mandatory
- There will be 2 mandatory choreography weekends with students must attend to learn their routines for the season. Dates TBA in September. Acro & full team production will have additional separate choreography practices apart from their normal class schedule. Dates TBA.
- All students and parents must sign a contract each season agreeing to the above terms and the financial and attendance commitments set forth in the contract.
- Class attendance will be closely monitored-students who do not maintain regular appropriate class attendance records will be removed from the team at any point in the season per director’s discretion. Excessive sitting in the front of the classroom due to illness or injury does not count as attending class and will not be tolerated.
- Team members are required a minimum of 8 summer evening classes between July 12 – August 5th (2 of which must be ballet) and students also must take at least 1 class in each style of dance that they will be competing in.
- Ballet company students are required to take a minimum of 2 ballet classes and 2 pointe or pre-pointe classes for those not on pointe yet during this time. These ballet and pointe classes do count toward your regular dance team requirements.
- Acro students are required a minimum of 6 hours of acro (contortion classes can be counted towards this house) during summer evening classes or during acro intensives. If you are not on any of the other dance teams an additional 2 hours of ballet is also required.
- Mini ages 5-6, and petite ages 7-9 Team Camp days are 4 hours long. Students are required to take 8 camp classes or 2 full days of camp
- Junior, Teen & Senior camp days are 8 hours days (7 hours of class with one hour for lunch and break) students are required to take 10 classes or 2 full camp days.